Re: [suse-security] Sendmail TLS package for 9.0

Markus Gaugusch wrote:
Thanks for the help.  I was (finally) able to get the Sendmail package
from Sendmail.org to properly compile and I am well on my way.

If the suse package works, I'd never ever use a self-compiled package. If there is any security hole in sendmail, you have to do the update manually (and check manually for updated versions of sendmail, etc.). Otherwise, the SuSE people and fou4s/YOU can do the work for you ...

Markus

That only works if there is a package for SUSE available that does what you want and is configured how you want. Unfortunaly, that isn't always the case.

David