Re: [suse-security] Advice Please - Extending a Network

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004 08:22 schrieb Philip B Cook:
> [...]
> However, when I swap the coax cable over to eth2 I cannot get it to
> assign any IP addresses to hosts.. Do I have to wait for the Lease
> Time to expire ?

Does your dhcpd listen on eth2 also?

I don't know your SuSE version, on newer versions (>= 8.0?)
see /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd, DHCPD_INTERFACE="eth0 eth2".

> Also as soon as I bring up the eth2 interface, with all my hosts on
> eth0, they can still communicate to one another BUT I lose access to
> the internet from all hosts.  Does the sequence the interface come up
> when booting matter ?  As it stands I they come up as eth0 - first
> local net; eth1 - cable/internet; eth2 - new local net.

Maybe that your routing is mixed up. What does   route -n   show?

> Any ideas ?

Yes: do not quote mails as "TOFU" (german "Text oben - Fullquote unten"
- translated: fullquote below your text)

I removed about 200 lines of trash here :-|

Gruß

Christian Boltz
--
Microsoft, what do you want to crash today?