RE: [suse-security] Filesystem choice in secure server installation

>So want I want to understand is what makes "ext3" as a better choice for
>the meeting of criteria and what are the reasons reiserfs fails.

Being a long time user of both, I have found that ReiserFS is easier to recover from failure, but EXT3 is less prone to failure.

Looking in the SuSE 8.2 Professional Manual, there are some very concise and clear definitions of what the pro's and con's of the various different filesystems are.

I would suggest reading through something like this to give you a better understanding of what the differences are.

(Especially when it comes to maximum allowable partitions/filesizes etc)

barry