Re: [suse-security] Filesystem choice in secure server installati on

> I suppose it's because they use ACLs. This feature is not supported by
> reiserfs.

Excuse me? SuSE was the first to have ACL support for all 4 journalling
file systems, and has had it for a while now. Since 8.0 I believe.

I have always used reiserfs, workstations and servers, and never had a
problem. With SuSE kernels though, it's possible that vanilla and redhat
kernels are more dodgy wrt reiserfs.

When some document says to use ext3 instead of reiserfs for a server,
then I suspect the reasons for that are more political than technical.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.