Re: [suse-security] Filesystem choice in secure server installati on

Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

When some document says to use ext3 instead of reiserfs for a server,
then I suspect the reasons for that are more political than technical.

I've read that ext3 (since it's based on ext2) has been in existence
longer than the other filesystems so it has been more thoroughly stress
tested. Then again there are reports about filesystem corruption with
pretty much any filesystem so everyone's mileage will vary regardless.