Re: [suse-security] Filesystem choice in secure server installati on

Quoting Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> There has to be a technical reason rather tan a poictical
> one as opinion is not a fact as far as I am concerned

I take it you've never gone through a government certification process.  These
types of things have a tendency to be impossibly byzantine.  While ext3 may or
may not be technically superior to reiser, it may be easier to pass through the
beaurocratic processes of certification.  This would be due to ext3, for all
intents and purposes being merely an add-on to ext2, and thus easier to
certify.

This is very much political.  Not in the sense of flame war between the ext3
camp and the reiser camp, but of the certification process itself.  It does not
speak to the technical merits of each, but simply the pragmatic path of least
resistance.

That's my theory, at least...