Re: [suse-security] nat of locally generated connections

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 BLeonhardt@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

Manpage says:

MASQUERADE:
This target is only valid in the nat table, in the POSTROUTING chain.

I wonder why you want to masquerade local traffic at all, since
you can bind to the outbound address and have the same effect.
Local masquerading makes no sence.

Sebastian

> I was looking for a solution concurrently in the web - but didn't find anything that answers my question .
>
> imho, this should work :
>
> iptables -A OUTPUT -t nat -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
>
> but I get following error :
>
> iptables: Invalid argument
>
> -bruno
>

> Martin Peikert <list@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 27.01.2004 10:59:13:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > BLeonhardt@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > how do I masquerade / source-nat locally generated packets with iptables - any hints ?
> >
> > rtfm and the HowTos you'll find at netfilter.org. Next time try google
> > first before asking '31337' questions.
> >
> > GTi
>

> --