[suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 as bridging firewall

Good Morning list,
I have following problem:

I have been unable to set up a working SuSEfirewall2 on a bridge running
on a SuSE 9.0 system using kernel 2.6.1 (also tried the supplied 2.6.0-test-5,
but didn't change anything). The bridge is working fine, the firewall loads
and runs without errors, I can see logs that make quite sense. Only what
doesn't work is the forwarding. No matter from where I try to forward where
I receive a message like:
SuSEfirewall ILLEGAL-ROUTING phsyindev=eth0 physoutdev=eth1 ....

So my question: is it possible to get this setup working at all?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanx in advance,
Christian

internal net ---- bridge ---- router ---- external net