Re: [suse-security] using susefirewall2 for NAT

* Arie Reynaldi Zanahar; <reyman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 29 Jan, 2004 wrote:
Hi,

I think any rules that edited direct to iptables, will be erased when I use susefirewall later on, would it ? Would be nicer if I can add the rules by still using susefirewall.

You can by using editing /etc/sysconfig/scripts/SuSEfirewall2-custom and
making sure uncommenting FW_CUSTOMRULES

## Type:        string
#
# 25.)
# Do you want to load customary rules from a file?
#
# This is really an expert option. NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN FOR THIS!
# READ THE EXAMPLE CUSTOMARY FILE AT /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2-custom
#
#FW_CUSTOMRULES="/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2-custom"

--

Togan Muftuoglu			     |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer	     |	Please reply to the list;

		Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum