RE: [suse-security] hotmail messager

To block MSN Messenger (what you are calling hotmail messager), you must either know all the IP addresses that MS will use for this (all of loginnet.passport.msn.com) and be willing to change them every time MS makes changes (which is frequently) or you must use an HTTP proxy.  Other options include other application firewalls, but we can ignore them for now.

Do you let all your clients surf the web directly?  If so, then you probably will have to opt for the blocking of all the IP addresses.  Please note that this will also break Hotmail and any other Passport related websites.

HTH-

-GS

Pardon this:

sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by