Re: [suse-security] 3C509 Ethernet Adaptor Support

On Friday 30 January 2004 3:48 pm, Philip B Cook wrote:
> How can I confirm that I have support for 3c509 ISA ethernet card
> configured in my SuSE Linux V8.2 system.
>
> Yast2 does not recognise the card I have fitted.
>
> Can I manually configure the card ? through Yast2.

I don't know about current times, but in the past, to make Linux see 3c509
cards, you needed to run the DOS setup program (I forget what it was called;
you can probably still download it from 3COM's web site; failing that, I
could probably scrape together a copy & email it to you) and disable the
"plug & pray" feature of it.  After doing that, they always worked like a
charm.  I most likely have at least one of them running on SuSE 8.2 at home
in a least one machine.

-Nick

--
           <<< There is no spoon. >>>
 /`-_    Nick LeRoy                      The Condor Project