Re: [suse-security] apache2 login question

Hi !

> login with htaccess works fine, but as I have root rights: how can I
> establish login on a apache2 server without making use of htaccess, as
> the manual refers to a more elegant method, but, I guess I just don't
> grasp it sofar.

--Sorry, can't help you with this.

> further, is it possible to give certain ip-addresses login rights, so
> they donnot have to make use of login procedure?

--> Yes, you need a combination of:

<directory xxx>
AllowOverride all
Allow from some.ip
Satisfy any
</directory>

and a .htaccess file in the directory xxx

Have fun!
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26         office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan             Schloss-Straße 6