Re: [suse-security] Is it iptables enough?

Hi there,

it must be clear to you, that there is never a 100% security, that's why actually nothing is "enought". It depends on how valuable your information is, but for normal use iptables will be sufficient to restrict access to a known IP. Just be aware that a lot of rules can be circumvented by IP-Spoofing or false MAC-addresses, but on the other side that is not easy to do either.

Greetings,

Ralf

isofroni@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I want to strength the secure as much as possible.
For example i want nobody can send a packet (tcp, icmp, udp, ...) to my machine
except a known ip (say 10.10.10.1)

Is iptables sufficient then, or can be cracked with an itelligent software?