Re: [suse-security] [Announcement] New fou4s release - 0.11.2

Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>When i execute fou4s,  i got the error:
>cat: /etc/suseservers: No such file or directory
>
>¿From who obtain the /etc/suseservers file?
>
>GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Fou4s (Fast OnlineUpdate for SuSE) is an alternative implementation
>>> of YOU
>>>(YaST Online Update) and is aimed at admin users that want updates as
>>> painless and automated as possible.
>>> But it can also be useful for desktop users.
>>> I've used it to update mozilla, gnome, kde and rpms from
>>> packman.links2linux.org as well.
>>>
>>>See:     http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/
>>>
>>>for more information.
>>>
>>-----<Snip>---
----<and snip again>-----

Hi Juan,

Sorry I cause some confussion.
I should have just sent my mail to Markus and not post it
on the security list, because what I was saying was it
appeared to me that his download site was working.

Be that as it may,
Several things I didn't say:

   1.  I had my "ftp" coonection to the net up and running.

   2.  Prior to executing the command, I started a shell.

   3. And I logged in as root, usisng "sux -"

I had also previously downloaded and installed the "fou4s.rpm: from:

    http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/download.shtml

So what I was doing was installing a patch.

See: http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/

For more info.

Sorry again for any confusion I caused:(
fou4s Is great and I hope you get it installed.

Hope this helps,
Gar

--

Then I was