Re: AW: [suse-security] Can't access from outside

Hi !

> I try to telnet from outside, but there's no response. From internal or my
> other servers that in one subnet, I get this answer
> telnet reynaldi.dyndns.org 25
> Trying 202.152.21.230...
> Connected to reynaldi.dyndns.org.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 arie.reynaldi.dyndns.org ESMTP Postfix
>
> But from other place I got no response
> telnet reynaldi.dyndns.org 25
> Trying 202.152.21.230...
> telnet: connect to address 202.152.21.230: Connection timed out
>
> And in my /var/log/mail, there's no messages that shows any connection from
> ex. yahoo.com or any other servers.

--> I could image two options:

1) your ISP is not forwarding packets to port 25
==> talk to the tech people of your ISP

2) the packets are blocked by the firewall
==> try to enable logging of all packets in the SuSEfirewall2 script,
section 16

FW_LOG_DROP_ALL="yes"

Then have a look in /var/log/messages or /var/log/firewall to find out
why the packets are dropped.

HTH,
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26         office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan             Schloss-Straße 6