RE: [suse-security] pop3 proxing!!

here the steps how I see it
- use YAST2 to make sure rinetd is installed (do a search for "rinetd")
- edit the /etc/rinetd.conf file (you may have to create this file)
- add what I sent you in the file making sure to replace
   123.123.123.10 with the external ip address of your linux box
   222.222.222.10 with the ip address of your (interal) pop3 server
- start rinetd with ("rcinetd start")
- try to connect to your pop server (e.g. telnet 123.123.123.10 110)
- if this doesn't work check the log file "cat /var/log/rinetd.conf"
- if there is nothing send a sighup to rinetd to write the logfile (kill
-HUP rinetd)
- check the log file again "cat /var/log/rinetd.conf"

- if it works then use yast2 to configure rinetd as a service that is
automatically
started on boot

thats about all I can tell you, if you are stuck somewhere send me a
mail
directly

Markus