[suse-security] Using SSL Certs

I followed the directions from http://www.eclectica.ca/howto/ssl-cert-howto.php to create and use SSL certificates. I was able to successfully create the certificates for testing but cannot get an ssl connection via my browser to the site. I added the site certificate and private key paths to the httpd.conf like below from the 'how to':
   SSLCertificateFile /home/httpd/ssl/cert.pem
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/httpd/ssl/key.pem

This is my first attempt at using SSL with Apache so is there something I am missing? The how to simply says to put these entries in the httpd.conf and restart Apache. mod_ssl is also installed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric