Re: [suse-security] SQUID Reverse Proxy

> Hello All,
>
> I have set up a SQUID proxy on my SuSE 8.2 box, running Postfix,
> IPTables/Netfilter (using SuSEfirewall2 config wrapper) and Trend
interscan
> Viruswall.
>
> Site looks like:
>
> Internet
> |
> Router
> |
> SuSE 8.2--MS SBS 2000
> |
> LAN
>
> The client wants to now run a web site off of their SBS server, but for
> security reasons I do not want to set up a reverse forward rule to their
DMZ
> to the IIS server on the MS SBS server.
>
> Has anyone here configured a SuSE box to use SQUID as a reverse proxy so
> that no direct connection is established to the IIS server, but just to
the
> proxy (where I can run my virus checks and maliscious code checks through
> Trend (basic but better than nothing) before connecting to the internal
IIS
> server?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Kind Regards

Info:

http://www.ngogeeks.com/node/view/272

Howto configure squid:

http://squid.visolve.com/white_papers/reverseproxy.htm

Next should be to transparent reverse proxy the server with your firewall:

Redirect www-traffic from ext tcp port 80 -> firewall to proxy-port your
firewall.

The access to the www-server in DMZ ist done by squid.

If you miss something here www.google.com/linux will be a nice help.

Philippe