Re: [suse-security] ProFTPD Configuration Problem

On Feb 6, Boris B. Zhmurov <bb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Markus Gaugusch wrote:
> | Second: ProFTPD has been removed from newer SuSE distributions because it
> | has been found to be insecure several times.
>

> Too bad :-(
> Linux-kernel has been found insecure much more times, but it's not a
> reason to remove linux-kernel from SUSE distro.
Comparing the complexity of the kernel with a simple thing like an FTP
daemon is not really what I call good argumentation ...
Also, I can't remember any _remotely_ exploitable bug in kernel, which is
again something different compared with an ftpd.

Markus