Re: [suse-security] Spam again

On Friday 06 February 2004 14:24, J. Theriault wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2004 09:33, Philippe Vogel wrote:
> > Is there a possibility to stop spam from the list?
> >
> > As a nice feature I always get spam after writing a single mail to the
> > list
> >
> > :-(
> >
> > By the way plz kick karatekid44@xxxxxxxxxxx from the list (if this is the
> > right one) -> see attachement!
>
> (testing to confirm spam)

Well, it's been almost an hour and a half since I posted to this group and I
haven't received any spam yet (not even from the "normal" spam I get every
day) so either:

1. The spam you are getting has nothing to do with this list;
2. The spammer is very slow and should contact promotionfact... about how to
spam faster and more effeciently :);
 or
3. The spammer is only harvesting email from certain domains (unlikely, and
very unlikely if the spam you received is in a different language than the
one typically associated to your TLD).

I wouldn't start complaining about spam on a mailing list without asking
others if they are getting the same first.

J. Theriault
administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-
/* Where's my sig? With my "never-fail" IBM hard drive. Three years is *not*
"never" (grumble)...*/