Re: [suse-security] ipop3d too secure?

You could try this, I don't know if it will work...

Create a file called

/etc/c-client.cf

...and in it put exactly these three lines...

I accept the risk

set disable-plaintext 0

... make sure to put in the first line, even though it looks like a joke!

I used this configuration to get the ipop3d and imapd from package
imap-2002-45.rpm working with plaintext passwords.

If it doesn't help then come back here, I had exactly the same problem - no
need to use security as on a LAN.

Regards,
Carl