Re: [suse-security] Setting up Apache Reverse Proxy for Exchange OWA

Eric,

We have this set up and working.

The trick is using mpaf (mod_proxy_add_forward).

Here is a URL that more of less describes what is necessary.

http://seclists.org/lists/security-basics/2003/Dec/0323.html

Good luck.

Eric Kahklen wrote:
Hello all,

I've been working on setting up Apache to use mod_proxy to reverse proxy connections to OWA on my Exchange server. I've gathered tid bits from various source, some of which is not fully accurate. I have a SuSE 9.0 box with Apache 2.0 with the mod_proxy module. I've set up the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse parameters and I can get it to work for the most part on my local LAN. If I try from an external IP I get the initial log in and the browser attempts to call the webpages, but eventually fails with cannot find page errors. Since I am only allowing SSL, I have port 443 forwarded to my Linux box. Has anyone done this successfully?? I don't have the option to just go with a better email server so I need this to work.

Thanks,

Eric