Re: [suse-security] newbie ssh question

the last version of putty for windows that I saw was a GUI app w/ no fields to put in username/pw. and if you're running a unix command line, I don't see why you wouldn't just use the ssh commands instead of using putty. the linux port is basically the same as putty/win32, although you can specify a key file from the command line (I think the switch is -i ....check the man page though.)

-d.

Sturgis, Grant wrote:

To avoid using a password, you must setup keys.  See:

http://vh224401.truman.edu/~dbindner/guide/a2076.html

But this only works (AFAIK) from linux to linux, i.e. no putty / Windows.  I could be wrong...