Re: [suse-security] INFECTED Emails over the list

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 09:38:03PM +0100, C. Arnold Kunze wrote:
> hallo everybody,
>
> today several Emails with the worm W32.Beagle.B@mm arrived my system over the
> suse - security - list. The worm is also known as:
> W32.Alua@mm, Win32/Bagle.B.Worm [Computer Associates], Bagle.B [F-Secure],
> W32/Bagle.b@MM [McAfee], W32/Bagle.B@mm [Norman], WORM_BAGLE.B [Trend Mirco],
> W32/Bagle.B.worm [Panda], W32/Tanx-A [Sophos].
> Three Emails WITH THE malicious attachment came from: poeml@xxxxxxx,
> Four Emails with the same suspicious header but_without_ the attachment came
> from:
> tobias@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> john@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Robert Schiele
> Rainer Link@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> please update Your virusdefs and disinfect Your system!!
> More information about the worm at BSI, heise.de (in german),
> Symantec and NAI (in english). The worm spreads until february, 25!!
> Thank You
>
> C. A. Kunze
> physician
>
> Finding virusses, worms or other malware is the job of a physician. In human
> beeings or even in computer systems

LOL!  Better stay with humans for the same reason I do not give medical advice
to people.  Most likely you have more knowledge on that area than on the area
of computer viruses.  You should note that for most computer viruses spread by
email the sender address is faked.  So this was the case for mails sent with
Peter's name.  The mails from me and the other guys did _not_ include the
virus itself (as you noticed yourself), but only where replies to the virus
itself.  Maybe your virus software just paniced beacause of that fact.
Replying to virus mails does not necessarily mean to be infected.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker	mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx