From: Eric Kahklen <eric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: suse-security@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:52:55 -0800
Subject: [suse-security] Squid 3.0 fails to start? vulnerability????

I just installed Squid 3.0 and it won't start? is there a bug or vulnerability in it? or is a problem with 3.0?? here is what squid -k parse says when I try to start it on my SuSE 9.0 box. The same thing is in the logs. Sorry if this is off topic, but Squid is going to help protect Exchange so its security related I think.

gateway:~ # squid -k parse
FATAL: ERROR: Unknown policy lru

vi /etc/squid.conf and search for lru. there are notes that explain what
the setting is and alternatives.

Ken