Re: [suse-security] How to block MSN using SuSEfirewall2?

I imagine you could cron an iptables command (well two, one to accept
and then one to deny an hour later). I'm not familiar with
SuSEfirewall2, not sure if raw iptables commands are compatible with it.

Joel

Michael James wrote:

My teenage daughter spends all her time at home chatting on MSN.
It distracts her completely from being civil to her family
 and actually concentrating on her homework.

It's hard to ration because she does (sometimes)
 use her computer for study.
If I just turn off her access to the internet
 she will appear with some reason she needs to connect.

How can I turn on a block on MSN
 so there is only 1 hour a day it works?

The house server (Suse8.2 soon to be 9.0)
 has the ADSL connection
 and runs SuSEfirewall2, NAT, squid, DNS, etc.

Thanks for any pointers,
michaelj

PS: The solution need not be very watertight,
	I would be delighted if she learned enough
	about networks to circumvent it.