Re: [suse-security] pptpd - assigning remote peer IPs depending on username?

Hi,

Marc Samendinger wrote:

does anyone know a (non-RADIUS) way to assign remote peer's IP in dependance of the remote username, so that e.g. sgofferj always gets 192.168.5.1, hmueller always gets 192.168.5.2 and so on...?

sure, its documented in your /etc/ppp/chap-secrets

# Secrets for authentication using CHAP
# client        	server      	secret		IP addresses
hmueller		*			secretpassword
192.168.5.2

Ouch... I thought IP address would be something like permitted source addresses or similar... I should read more thouroughly or less late in the night...

THX,
Stefan