Re: [suse-security] SUSE Security Announcement: Linux Kernel (SuSE-SA:2004:005)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Fred Merritt wrote:

> Hi,

Hello.

>    can anyone at SuSE give us an update as to when the 8.0 kernels will be
> available.  They have been promised a few times for 'tomorrow', but so far
> nothing has materialised.  I believe that it's only a few days now till the
> exploit is released.

Due to some bad interaction of the patch with the 8.0 kernel we had to
build and test it again. Give us three days to deliver a stable
kernel with all known security bugs fixed.

Bye,
     Thomas
--
  Thomas Biege <thomas@xxxxxxx>, SUSE LINUX AG, Security Support & Auditing