RE: [suse-security] Can a Suse box be a proxy gateway and a DNSserver at the same time??

What setting are you changing? What makes you think that it is this setting
that affects the said services? Incidentally dns takes very little resources
both in terms of memory and processor so that shouldn't be a big
consideration at this point. You can run multiple services all on the same
box like mail, squid, dns, http etc.

Noah.