Re: [suse-security] Secure postfix against spammers

* Dominik Składanowski; <dominik.skladanowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 26 Feb, 2004 wrote:
Hi

I have a suse I use as email server and I have noticed that it is used for sending spam. I am new to this so can you please point me to a tutorial/manual on how to secure it against this kind of problems?

In file /etc/postfix/main.cf (I use SuSE 8.2 Professional) you can limit access to trusted network:

mynetworks = xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24

add to /etc/sysconfig/postfix

POSTFIX_ADD_MYNETWORKS="yournetwork 127.0.0.0/8 "

run SuSEconfig --module postfix this should do it

--

Togan Muftuoglu			     |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer	     |	Please reply to the list;

		Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum