Re: [suse-security] Strange entry in Apache log

Hi Arjen.

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Arjen Runsink wrote:

> This has nothing to do with your smtp port
>
> They scanned for open proxies and tried if your apache would allow to proxy.
> The trick is that even smtp connections can be proxied over a web proxy.
>
> Just make sure this is not possible with your apache
> so check error_log for confirmation this failed.

Whoops! that got deleted about 15 mins ago!

I have just check my httpd.conf file and the proxy_module is
not loaded.

# LoadModule digest_module      /usr/lib/apache/mod_digest.so
# LoadModule proxy_module       /usr/lib/apache/libproxy.so
# LoadModule cern_meta_module   /usr/lib/apache/mod_cern_meta.so

# AddModule mod_digest.c
# AddModule mod_proxy.c
# AddModule mod_cern_meta.c

I take it it is OK not having mod_proxy installed.

Thankyou for the explaination.

Kind Regards - Keith Roberts