Re: [suse-security] Re: Kernel k_deflt-2.4.21-144.i586.rpm initrd-Problem...

On Sunday 29 February 2004 13:36, Security wrote:
> Ok, then it had nothing to do with the athlon-kernel. I was wondering why
> the initrd existed on the other boxes with athlon-kernels. In these two
> machines we are using hardware-raid-controller which are - as I understood
> it correctly - loaded into the ramdisk, right?

Depends on the hardware raid.
Some work completely in their onboard bios and the raid is invisable
to the os, it appears as one drive.  (This is the way all hardware raid
should be IMHO, but unfortunatly some - expecially scsi) require
drivers in the initrd.
Apparently yours is not one of them.