RE: [suse-security] fou4s, SuSE 9.0 and recent kernel update

On Tue, 4 May 2004 GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Working directly towards ftp.suse.com or ftp.gwdg.de works.
> > Mirroring either to my local server using wget --mirror
> > gets me the packages and the patches/kernel-51366 file -
> > but trying to use fou4s towards that mirror
> > the 9.0-box simply fails to see that there's a kernel upgrade there.
> >
> > The mirror has worked in the past for all other patches,
> > including kernel patches.
> >
> > Any advice?
> >

> Yeah, try another mirror or wait.
> The servers are overloaded.

You misread me.  I already had the patches on my own mirror which nobody
else uses.  It just wasn't going from there to my clients.  Restarting
the apache server handing out the patches worked wonders, though... :)

Thanks,

Bjørn
--
Bjørn Tore Sund           Phone:  (+47) 555-84894    Stupidity is like a
System administrator      Fax:    (+47) 555-89672    fractal; universal and