Re: [suse-security] How do I activate TLS on sendmail?

Hi John,

thanks for your help. I created the certificates the way you explained it. Now, I tried to send email with it. I started saslauthd, and when I try to send mail, I get the following error:

May  7 16:10:32 parsley sendmail[25145]: no secret in database
May 7 16:10:32 parsley sendmail[25145]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory

What does that mean?

I also tried to switch the authentification method in /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd from "pam" to "shadow". After SuSEconfig and restarting all demons, I still get the same error.

What can I do?

Thanks a lot once more.

Best Regards,
Gordon.