[suse-security] "What manual page do you want?" message when using ssh

Dear All,
I have encountered some rather odd behaviour on our network.  I get an odd message when is execute a remote command on the node that is connected to the outside world from one of the other nodes.

On the node connected to the outside I have placed in the authorized_keys2 file the key generated on one of the other nodes on the local network.

no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,no-pty,command="echo Success" ssh-dss AA.......

when I type ssh root@hostname from one of the nodes the following lines are seen,
Success
       What manual page do you want?
                                    Connection to hostname closed.

The first line is fine, however I do not understand what the second line is about...?  If I do the same between nodes that are not connected to the outside i just get
Success
       Connection to hostname closed.

which is fine...

Does anyone know what might be causing this behaviour?  Has my security been compromised?

I am running SuSE 9.0 (64 bit version)

Dr. Martyn D. Wheeler
Department of Chemistry
University of Leicester