[suse-security] online_update login problem

Hey all,

I'm trying to get online_update working so I can set it up with cron to download patches automatically.  I have documentation on how to do this.

My issue is when I run online_update from the command prompt, it displays the product, and version, etc, then returns an error:

Error retrieving patches: ERROR(Media:login failed)

I checked my /etc/sysconfig/onlineupdate file and the correct login and password are in there.  Running Online Update from YAST2 in graphical mode manually works just fine.

I used the -D switch for debug mode and it didn't reveal any additional information, which I thought was odd.

Thanks for any assistance on this one!

-m

---
matt jurcich, networkologist
(IC) invisik corporation, for IT ingenuity