Re: [suse-security] Network Device Problem

On May 17, Robert Rottscholl <lv426@xxxxxx> wrote:

Dear List,

I've a certain security problem. My SuSE 9.1 box has two network cards (ne2k-pci, sundance). I also run SuSEfirewall. Everytime my box starts the network devices are assigned to a different interface, e.g.

1. Boot: sundance -> eth0
        ne2k-pci -> eth1
2. Boot: ne2k-pci -> eth0
        sundance -> eth1
3. Boot: the other way round....
Since SuSE 9.1 you can assign the eth-devices to their MAC, so they won't be confused. I would suggest you to go into yast and check the network configuration (did you do an update from an older version? Then you should probably reconfigure all network devices).

Markus