[suse-security] OT: OpenPBS / GridEngine configuration on SuSE 9.0

Sorry for the OT post (I did try the suse-linux-e list without any response)
- I'm hoping someone here can help or knows where I can post this message
and actually get a response.

I'm trying to use OpenPBS on SuSE 9.0.  I would like to use the SuSE
configured version rather than a custom compile.

Normally I check the README.SuSE (under /usr/share/doc/packages/) for a
package before proceeding but in this case it's odd - it seems to be a tar
file that contains two files:

-rw-r--r-- nashif/users   2298 2002-07-29 00:09:00 SuSEconfig.pbs
-rw-r--r-- nashif/users   1068 2002-08-04 15:42:55 pbsmom.init

There are no instructions or documentation on how OpenPBS has been set up to
run (as a server) on SuSE 9.0.

There are configuration files in the /etc/sysconfig directory, but there is
no documentation on what the variables do or what their effect is.  I could
try reading the init scripts but surely the relevant information is
documented somewhere?

/etc/sysconfig/pbs_server
/etc/sysconfig/pbs_mom

A similar problem exists for GridEngine.

Please can you provide a link to the documentation, or any help in this
regard?

TIA

--
  Simon Oliver