Re: [suse-security] cannot access ftp server -- getpeername (in.ftpd): Transport endpoint is not connected

The Tuesday 2004-05-18 at 02:07 +0800, Matthias Hupp wrote:

> The ftp server on a web/mail/inet-gateway machine I am taking care of can
> no longer be accessed, ever since one of the secretaries decided to
> switch it off and on again because she could not access her files on a
> Windows server.

Ough! Bad girl :-p

Two ideas.

1) Run fsck on all partitions, maybe there was some damage.

2) maybe there was a configuration change time ago, that did not get
activated because the services afected were not restarted at the time,
till this forced reboot.

--
Cheers,
       Carlos Robinson