Re: [suse-security] cannot access ftp server -- getpeername (in.ftpd): Transport endpoint is not connected

***
> Is it possible that the FTP service is not set to start automatically on
> bootup and needs to be started from the command line?
***

In this case, the ftp daemon is started from inetd. And it is running by the
time the problem occurs. And I also tried starting it manually, without
inetd, which produced the same result.

Cheers, Matthias