Re: [suse-security] Floppy boot error for no network device

Hi,

> I am installing SUSE 9.1. I create boot disk from the cds but failed in
> booting from it. Says not network device because I want installation to be
> started from a ftp server.

--> This is not security related. Please go to "suse-linux"
mailinglist next time. Anyway, you have to load the right kernel
module for your network card before trying to access the FTP server.
There is a menu entry for this in the SuSE setup program that is
started when you boot from the boot disk.

Good luck!
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26         office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan             Schloss-Straße 6