Re: [suse-security] Re: cannot access ftp server -- getpeername (in.ftpd): Transport endpoint is not connected

***
----- Original Message -----
From: "T. E." <pelegrine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <suse-security@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 4:24 PM

but shouldn't it look like this:
    in /etc/inetd.conf
    ftp stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/local/sbin/proftpd
and
    in /usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf
    ServerType    inetd
to start proftpd in inetd mode?
***

Yes. By standard, inetd.conf was set to use in.ftpd. After this started to
fail, I changed it to start proftpd from inetd, resulting in the same error
messages (ith in.ftpd substituted by proftpd). Now I commented all ftp lines
in inetd.conf out and am using proftpd in standalone.

Cheers, Matthias