Re: AW: [suse-security] openvpn samba question (sshd keep alive cont..)

Rasp, Robert wrote:

Hello,

i think this is a Name-Resolution-Problem (WINS)
Try to add the name and IP-Adress of the Sambaserver in the LMHOST.
You can find this File on the XP-Box under C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
This problem is when ever you have no WINS-Server and the connection allows no broadcast.
When a Windows-Computer has no WINS-Server then he try to resolve the Server with broadcasts.
Of corse only when he wants to acces to Fileshares (Port 135, 137, ...) . Other IP-Services use DNS.

CU
Robert

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: Emiliano Sutil [mailto:emiliano@xxxxxxxxxx] Gesendet: Di 25.05.2004 19:43 An: suse-security@xxxxxxxx Cc: Betreff: [suse-security] openvpn samba question (sshd keep alive cont..)

Do you mean

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts.sam?

I have put the ip and name of the server but it doesn´t work, perhaps I have to active something?

--
Emiliano Sutil García