Re: AW: [suse-security] openvpn samba question (sshd keep alive cont..)

Hi, you forgot to include the list this time, but in this one is included your
previous mail.
El Miércoles, 26 de Mayo de 2004 17:00, escribió:
> Manuel Balderrábano wrote:
>
> >The LMHOST file just translates network names into IP adresses, just like /
> >etc/hosts.
> >Check the avaliable ports on the linux server, the firewall, if any, might
be
> >closing your SMB ports.
> >
> >I still think you need the bridge to achieve what you are looking for :-)
> >

> I begin to think so, because I cant access the server through the
> windows explorer at all,
> I access the web, cvs, vnc, etc etc, but not net-bios .
>
> One question, In the samba server  there isn´t any firewall but between
> my windows box and the
> samba server there is a firewall, can this firewall be blocking the
> traffic? does not go all the traffic through the vpn?

All traffic directed to the Linux box through the openvpn goes throug the 5000
port (Or the one you may have choose), but broadcast calls are not routed
throug the vpn, so that your netbios traffic stops dead on the linux box.

If you can access any service (web, cvs, vnc...) through the vpn, then the
firewall will not be a problem.