Von: Emiliano Sutil [mailto:emiliano@xxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2004 18:36
An: suse-security@xxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: AW: [suse-security] openvpn samba question (sshd keep alive
cont..)

Rick Green wrote:

>On Wed, 26 May 2004, Emiliano Sutil wrote:
>

>>Well I have put this in the lmhosts
>>
>>10.4.0.2   serverlinux
>>
>>But I can?t see it through the vpn. I reached by ping, cvs, vnc, but not
>>samba.
>>

> Sorry to jump in so late in the thread.  Windows uses broadcast packets
>extensively in its file-sharing protocol to 'discover' its peers.
>Broadcast packets aren't generally propagated across a routed path like a
>VPN, so you have to do something to tell the workstations on the other
>side of the VPN how to even find the WINS server.
>  Unfortunately, I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.  I don't
>know how specifically to tell windows that it's WINS server is 'remote',
>but maybe this much will help you ask the right question of a more
>windows-astute person...

Hi,

as I said in my previous post I have added

10.4.0.2   serverlinux

to the lmhosts. Now I can do ping serverlinux and I get response from 10.4.0.2
You say I can use WINS Server ¿How I can do that? You say ask a windows-astute person... I´m a total windows-silly person :-((
are there any windows-astute person in the world? :-))

thanks

--
Emiliano Sutil García