Re: [suse-security] Problems with recent SuSE 8.0 patches

Hi!

> >I have a problem with the recent kdelibs3 update on my SuSE 8.0
> >servers. The dependency checking gives me the following error message:
> >
> >error: failed dependencies:
> >        kdelibs3 = 3.0.5 is needed by kdelibs3-devel-3.0.5-28
> >        kdelibs3 >= 3.0.3 is needed by kdebase3-3.0.4-76
> >
> This is isn't really a security question, but ... :-)
>
> It appears you're trying to install kdelibs3-devel-3.0.5-28 and
> kdebase3-3.0.4-76; if so, that is incorrect.  Note the version numbers
> do not match:  3.0.5 versus 3.0.4.  Make sure all your kde rpms come
> from the same "version family".

--> Well, IMHO it is a security question because I can't install a
security update provided by SuSE...

I was wondering myself about the differing versions. But I didn't
install any other KDE packages than the originals from the SuSE CDs +
all the patches provided by SuSE (which obviously included different
versions for different KDE packages). So now I'm still curious how to
fix this with the RPMs provided by SuSE?

Any hints are appreciated!

Armin