Re: [suse-security] Re: **maillist-work:: [suse-security] NFS over SSH

> depending on your needs you could either use openafs (supports encryption)
>
>   http://www.openafs.org/
>
> but thats maybe too much for the setting you want.

Yeah, this could be an overkill. Afs is much more than what I want and
setting up could be a little tricky if you lack afs knowledge like I do.

> If you only got around 5 users that want to mount their homes ( -> the
> "client" machines run linux), you maybe want to give shfs a try:
>
>   http://shfs.sourceforge.net/
>
> Bascically you can mount server directories on your clients, using ssh. This
> only works, if your "client computers" run linux, because it has a kernel
> module that allows transparent mounting. Works like a charm for me...

Hm, I've seen that one, but I was not really sure whether the code is
mature enough.  I have tried it now, basically I'm enthusiastic, we will
probably give it a try.  It was really a treat to install and configure,
I'm enthusiastic.

regards,

January