Re: [suse-security] SUSE Security Announcement: kdelibs (SuSE-SA:2004:014)

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:41:23PM +0200, Sebastian Krahmer wrote:

> 2)  Pending vulnerabilities in SUSE Distributions and Workarounds:
>
>     - rsync
>     rsync prior to version 2.6.1 does not properly sanitize paths
>     when running as read/write daemon without chroot. New update packages
>     are available on our ftp servers which fix this problem.

This is about rsync-2.6.2-8.2, right?

I've updated using YOU and now am not able to rsync large directories:

rsync -av --delete /home/* /home.backup/
building file list ... done
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(342)

The version shipped with 9.1 works just fine with the same directories.

Was this update rushed in? Any fixes?

Thanks, -Kastus