Re: [suse-security] T-Online abuse address ignoring complaints

Gideon Hallett schrieb am Freitag, 4. Juni 2004 10:16:

> On Friday 04 June 2004 09:01, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> I have sent numerous complaints about this to the abuse address of
>> T-Online and T-IPnet already, with logfiles indicating the times
>> and IP addresses from where the junk came from. To no avail, they
>> have done nothing so far, other than complaining once about the
>> encoding of the attachments, which they thought was base64 while in
>> fact it was 7bit (readable in any mailreader).
>
> You and many, *many* other people. I've complained to t-online
> innumerable times about the behaviour of their users, and have
> received no feedback whatsoever. I've come to the conclusion that
> t-online (and especially t-dialin) users are a wretched hive of scum
> and villainy; and that the company itself simply doesn't care.
>
> If I could convince my bosses that blocking t-online ranges at the
> border was a good idea, I'd have a much easier job as a sysadmin.
>
>> What other options do I have to stop this system for further
>> distributing virusses?
>
> Shovels, pitchforks and other implements of destruction liberally
> applied to the person responsible. There's no simple way of stopping
> someone else joe-jobbing you.
>
> It would help if anyone knew the correct German police department to
> complain to.

Hello,

we have had a lot of trouble with Deutsche Telekom & T-Online in the
past, too.
After several terrible meetings somebody called:
"Regulierungsbehörde für Telekommunikation und Post"
(http://www.regtp.de/)
as they are not only responsible for phone numbers & stuff, but also
should provide contacts for electronical problems.

As far as I remember the answer my collegue got was:
contact " Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik"
(http://www.bsi.de/)

Well, I had to leave the company in the meanwhile (7 month ago), so I
have no idea what happend next.
But maybe its worth to give it a try ...

> I for one would particularly like to find whoever was 217.234.167.14
> (pD9EAA70E.dip.t-dialin.net) at 23:53 on 14/5/04 and point out to
> them that what they were doing was illegal and punishable by time in
> prison.
>
> (It goes without saying that t-online were informed and there has so
> far been no response.)
>
>  best wishes,
>
>   Gideon Hallett.

c y