Re: [suse-security] Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

On Friday 04 June 2004 11:29, Markus Gaugusch wrote:

> To prevent spoofing, you can enable SPF for your domain (SuSE should do so
> as well, and also everybody else who reads this). See http://spf.pobox.com
> for more information.

I'm well aware of what SPF might do to prevent this kind of abuse. However, I
don't have access to TXT records since the webinterface of the registrar's
nameservers do not allow me to configure TXT records (yet). I have not been
able to convince them that allowing their users to configure TXT records has
no unexpected security implications and that it would be a welcome addition
to their service. Since SPF is still not widely supported (only a small
percentage of domains is actually using it to block incoming traffic) I do
not want to take the additional burden to operate my own nameserver for my
domains (yet).

Best regards,
Arjen

PS  Since I read this list too, there is no reason to send message both to the
mailing list and in private.